openSIS Based Solutions
openSIS has been customized and extended to fit specific industry verticals. Source code delivery included.
Introducing the next generation openSIS!
Built on yii framework • Responsive design • Native mobile apps for iOS and Android
openSIS - Full Browser View
- The next generation openSIS sports a tiled design in line with Windows 8 paradigm. Tiles are dynamic, configurable and adjusts to browser size automatically.
- Student self-service course catalog with "backpack" shopping cart concept that supports the student course enrollment → counselor approval → scheduling workflow with real time color coded statuses.
- Student 360 degree view from any student record. Persistent bar displays most important student info on the top. Schedule, grades, attendance, communication details, family info etc are one click on a vertical panel to the left.
openSIS - Tablet View
- The next generation openSIS has a responsive design and supports any tablet size. The screens adjusts itself accordingly and uses a mobile friendly paradigm for easy navigation.
- Complex course catalogs are displayed in simple user friendly format for easy navigation using a small browsing device.
- Anything you can do using a PC or laptop can be done at ease with a tablet. The design accommodates small form factor without sacrificing functionality. This is the only SIS in the market that can be wholly administered using a tablet.
openSIS - Mobile View
- The next generation openSIS comes with native iOS and Android apps for Student and Parent portals. The apps are optimized to render clearly for different mobile phone screen sizes. The apps are full featured (not reduced functionality) transactional services that have all the features available to Students and Parents as in browser based logins.
- The Course Manager section has robust search, select and transact options that are beautifully optimized for mobile screens. The usability is so high that Students are likely to use the mobile app only for their openSIS interactions.
- Full featured calendaring functions with class schedule and school events view are available to Students and Parents .
openSIS with Powerful MVC framework
The next generation openSIS was developed using a high-performance PHP framework best for developing Web 2.0 applications called Yii. It comes with rich features like: MVC, DAO/ActiveRecord, I18N/L10N, caching, authentication and role-based access control, scaffolding, testing, etc. It has powerful caching support and is explicitly designed to work efficiently with AJAX.
Security comes as standard with Yii. It includes input validation, output filtering, SQL injection and Cross-site scripting prevention.
Yii is so much faster because it uses the lazy loading technique extensively. For example, it does not include a class file until the class is used for the first time; and it does not create an object until the object is accessed for the first time. Other frameworks suffer from the performance hit because they would enable a functionality (e.g. DB connection, user session) no matter it is used or not during a request.
Why Choose openSIS?
openSIS is a commercial grade, secure, scalable & intuitive Open Source Student Information System / School Management Software that just works. It is published by OS4ED, a full life cycle software development company headquartered in the USA.
Wide Range of Features
openSIS is Available in 49 Languages
Multi Channel Support Options - Guaranteed Peace of Mind
Affordable support contracts are available to fit any budget. For cloud hosted SaaS customers, our amazing support is included at no charge. For self hosted customers, there are three support packages - Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Contact us with implementation and user details to get accurate pricing.View Support Portal
Extensive security measures have been taken to prevent known threats like:
Hosted on Cloud Servers
openSIS production customers are hosted in a state of the art, secured (SAS 70 certified) data center in a private "cloud". A Software as a Service (SaaS) deployment typically means sharing a hosted instance and database with other customers.
With openSIS on the Cloud, you get your own private and secure instance of openSIS Lite or openSIS Pro Edition. Each school gets its own virtual server, operating system, web server, application and database. You have complete flexibility to customize the solutions as well as control over changes and upgrades.
Freedom of Opensource
Cost of Ownership Reduction
Open Source, Open StandardsDownload openSIS
"openSIS provides a great solution for eLearningSC PD to collect student data and maintain records on student performance. OS4ED worked very hard to help us customize the system to meet our unique use case and within the budget that we had available. We appreciate all of the hard work and will continue to work with them for years to come."
"OS4ED, with the help of its open source products - openSIS and openIntel was able to deliver cost effective and suitable solution that has revolutionized education administration for Commonwealth of Dominica and has become a favorite success story for the Organization of the Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)."
We perform customizations and special development to meet customer requirements. Whether it is an ideation or a fully documented requirement; our development methodology will help you accomplish your dream.
American Tamil Academy (ATA) runs week-end Tamil language classes throughout USA to preserve and continue the language and cultural heritage of Tamil Nadu amongst the new generation of Indian Americans.
Westmoreland Intermediate Unit #7(WMIU) serves Westmoreland County to include seventeen school districts, Clairview School, and three Westmoreland County Career and Technology Centers, under the direct...
Yampah Mountain High School of Glenwood Springs, CO provides its member district students with a personalized learning plan to meet their educational goals, to grow academically & to earn a high school diploma....
Oregon State Hospital system is one of the largest hospital system in the country. They were in the look out for a patient education system with a robust scheduling functionality. After going through an RFP process...